10 Ways To Give Your Check-in Bag An Unique Identity
Your heart races when you cannot spot your luggage on the baggage carousel. It is either lost or someone has taken it. Even when the airline finds your lost bags, how can prove that it is yours, especially if the tag is torn? What items in the bag can prove the bag belongs to you? Also, a lot of suitcases look similar, someone else can walk away with it, unknowingly.
There are several ways to identify your suitcase and tying a ribbon is not one of them.
1) The biggest identifier is a business card. Drop it in your bags, so you can prove it belongs to you. The business card has your contact details, so the bags can be returned to you, in case someone mistakenly takes it.
2) Before your leave for the airport, take pictures of the luggage from different angles.
3) Buy a bright colored suitcase—yellow, neon, or something funky that can be spotted even when you are tired.
4) Place your itinerary in the pocket of the bag. Works great if your bag has a common design and someone can walk away with it.
5) Where your personality on your bags. Attach a colorful or unique tag that can be spotted from a distance.
6) Get a luggage belt—it stops your bag from bursting at the seams and works as an identifier.
7) Doll up the bags with many stickers.
8) Tape it up. Use a decorative duct tape on the luggage. Avoid the regular silver tape, which again is common. Stick the tape in such a way that you can identify with.
9) Bring out your stitching skills. Embroider the bags—your name, initials, or play around with some buttons and sequences.
10) Feeling creative? Paint your bag. Go free hand or get a stencil.
Even though the airline industry has improved its tagging mechanism, bags are left behind or another passenger picks it up. However, there are two things to remember—how to identify your bag and prove it belongs to you.
For porter service, contact MUrgency Airport Assistance. We offer baggage assistance and host of other airport-related services.
Liked the article? We would love to know your comments/feedback. Drop in a message, in the comments box below or feel free to get in touch with us at MUAirportAssist@MUrgency.com.
Published on: 19/Sep/2020
Why taking Airport Assistance at Dubai Airport is a good idea
Taking airport assistance service at Dubai Airport can greatly enhance your travel experience, allowing you to relax and enjoy your time at the airport. In addition to meet and greet and VIP lounge access, airport assistance services also include wheelchair assistance, fast track through immigration and security, and escort services.
Published on: 06/Feb/2023
Should you take Meet and Greet Service at Dubai Airport?
Meet and greet services can be a convenient option for travelers passing through Dubai Airport, but they may not be necessary for everyone. Here are a few factors to consider when deciding whether or not to get these services: How much time do you have? If you have a tight connection or are otherwise pressed for time, meet and greet services can help you get through the airport more quickly.